Monday, July 9, 2012

Asurans & Sylvari on Last BWE

ArenaNet announced today on their blog that the Asuran and Sylvari races will be playable on the final Guild Wars 2 beta weekend event, July 20th to 22nd. Totally awesome! I can't wait to try out the new races and new starting zones. I had the most fun creating a playing a charr in the first BWE. I kept calling her my angry kitty!
I was surprised to hear Drakin's perspective on the charr race. He felt that he harboured too much anger and resentment from Guild Wars 1 to feel comfortable playing a charr! Wow. That's cool. I didn't play GW1 long enough to hate the charr, and even so, I think that I would still love to play "the enemy". I mean, in SWTOR, I played a Sith with perhaps a "leetle bit" too much diabolical glee. (insert maniacal laughter here)

As for Asurans and Sylvari, the two "new" races are touted as being unique amongst MMOs. ArenaNet insists they are not dwarves and elves, but new kinds of humanoids with their own special perspectives and culture. We'll have to see. Personally, I wouldn't have cared if they stuck with traditional MMO stereotypes. It's all good. Just let me play already!  :)

A great naming reference for all races is on GW2 Guru.

No comments:

Post a Comment