Monday, September 10, 2012

AC Takes It To The Face!

Well, it's only been a few days since our first painful run through Ascalonian Catacombs, and where did I find myself last night? Yup! Standing on the steps of the place, nervously switching all my skills to heals and group buffs. :)
But this time we were more prepared. Or at least, they were. I was just going along to prove that I wasn't scared of the place. Kinda like falling off a horse, right?

GW2 Ascalonian Catacombs group
The group is ready to go!
So Warmad did a bunch of research into fight strategies and he led the way with his humungous fox-adorned greatsword. Majyst was there on his ranger with his lovely healing spring and all those tree-folk, plus the Amazing Humping Bear. Hartak jumped in with typical Asuran modesty, bringing the healing rain to us all. And super leveling Miss Modra was there as well, adding a whole lot of *PRETTY!* to the bunch...oh, and some killer ele water skills as well.

This is me cheering just outside the exit of the dungeon.
Yes, I have lost my top. Adelbern, the dirty old man,
ripped it off me in the final fight!
I was too busy fighting to take any more screenshots, but I have to say that we were much, much, MUCH more successful last night than we were the first time. We took it slowly, and we knew where the painful spots were and tried to pull only a mob or two at a time. War tried using LOS (line of sight) to peel mobs off from the group and keep them trapped so we could burn them down. Everyone had their best heals out and I used a fab new skill called Illusion of Life that allows players to get up from downed and fight for 15 seconds, and let's them stay up if they manage to kill something while under the spell.

I was very pleased at the end and felt so proud of my group and myself. This is what it takes to be a real team and a good guild. We learn, we research, we adapt, and we try again. Big high-fives and headbutts to Warmad, Majyst, Modra and Hartak! Thanks for taking along this reluctant Slyvari and showing me -- no, reminding me that LOST kicks ass!

No comments:

Post a Comment