Sunday, October 7, 2012

Heart-Pounding Moments

Okay, maybe it's cuz I'm a little over-reactive, or maybe it's cuz I'm a girl, or maybe it's cuz I'm hopped up on sugar and caffeine most of the time, but this game gives me some serious heart-pounding moments!!
Let me show you. :)
GW2 Guild Wars 2 Shatterer dragon
I think he's looking right at me! EEEKS!
Okay, so this was my second time fighting The Shatterer, but my poor little ticker tick-tocked pretty darn fast. I got to shoot a mortar, which was total fun, but did eventually get down into the thick of things. That's even worse! Cuz then he flies up and looks DOWN on you, and I feel like a little bunny about to get eaten.
What's funny is apparently Majyst doesn't feel as stressed as I do during these big fights. Click on the picture to make it bigger and read his chat! You crack me up, Maj! :D
GW2 Guild Wars 2 Breached Wall vista GW2 Guild Wars 2 Breached Wall vista
Most difficult vista (so far) Dezi and I on the vista, woot!
These two pictures are of the Breached Wall vista/skillpoint/swearing practice. I think it took us about an hour to finally succeed at this, and it was pretty thrilling at points. Imagine: you've jumped 20 different ledges and you're lining up to leap across a chasm while ghost warriors are spawning all around you...you run, you slam the space bar down with all the immense power of your thumb, there's that sickening moment of suspension in mid-air...then you miss the ledge, your poor toon starts screaming and you hit the ground with a THUD. Aaaannnd repeat!
GW2 Guild Wars 2 Durmand Priory windy bridge
The Windy Bridge. Priory initiates will know what I'm talking about.
I hesitated to even post this picture here cuz it brings back such awful memories. This is the Windy Bridge, part of the Priory personal story line. Can you see me in the pic? Yes, I'm on the SIDE of the goddamn bridge. I got blown there by the freaking Grenth-cursed wind that I could never see coming. This quest was a whole lot of heart-pounding excitement, but also head-pounding anger and frustration. Turns out, all I had to do was turn my graphics to super-low to get enough FPS to actually see WTF was going on. 
Modra learned this lesson as well, when he had to replace his graphics card and suffered with a lower version for a while. He swore he wasn't going to try any more vistas until his new card arrived. And poor Dezi and Kyle...we won't even go there! (But grats to Dezi on her new CPU just yesterday. Feels good, doesn't it?)
GW2 Guild Wars 2 cattlepult
It's a bird! It's a plane! It's a ... cow??
Heart-pounding moments don't always have to be about stress! This was one of the funniest scenes I have encountered in GW2 so far: the Cattlepult! I thought it was a joke! I couldn't actually belive this Charr was tossing cows. Too freaking hilarious! And we actually got to go in it, to reach a far-off vista, but sadly there was no animation scene of my leafy body hurtling through the sky, just a loading screen. Too bad. :(
GW2 Guild Wars 2 risen chicken
Really?
REALLY?
Just a few days ago, I ventured for the first time into the lands of Orr. Horrifying apparitions attacked me at every turn. Ghosts, zombies and vicious predators threatened my very life-sap! And then this little guy came along. Really? A risen chicken. I have no words.

No comments:

Post a Comment